Ie 6 Sp-2 Installed, Now Having Weird Javascript Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

Ever since I downloaded the new XP SP-2, everything has seemed to work just fine with the exception of IE. I currently use Yahoo mail, and with the new SP, it seems that it deflects me to the old HTML version of Yahoo mail everytime. Ive checked that all the appropriate custom security levels under the security tab were enabled for scripting and still no luck!

I've also noticed that any other website with javascripting on it causes the links to not work, or the links behind the .gif's not to click thru. Any ideas on this?? I've read a lot of info on MS knowledge base, although none of it addresses the new SP upgrades..not sure if theres a way to extracate the SP-2 IE 6 version. Ive also replicated the same issue in Netscape 7, which leads me to believe there may be a bug somewhere that I'm not thinking of.

Many thanks!

-Chris

Welcome to TechSpot
You may well have a MS-Java/VM problem. Hunt for:
The Microsoft JVM Removal Tool can be used to remove the MS Java Virtual Machine (MSJVM). Use of this tool is the only supported method for removing the MSJVM from a Microsoft operating system.
Works for all versions of Windows.
Then go to www.sun.com and install their Java2. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back