IE 7 is slowing my computer to a crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, my internet sessions have been slowing to a crawl. I have run a scan with McAfee, my anti-virus program, and also a scan with Malware Bytes, both came back clean. When I look at Windows Task Manager, iexplore.exe is listed at using up to 99% of my cpu. I don't know what else to check. I have downloaded a new version of Hijack This and am attaching the log I just created. Any help would be appreciated.

Solved

Thank you, I think I figured out my problem. One of the tabs I usually keep open is marketwatch.com. After some experimenting, I realized that something has changed at that site and it eats up cpu like nobody's business. Once I closed that tab, IE started working again fine. I have written to them to complain, but no response. Anyway, sometimes the simple solution is best.

I would encourage you to run the malware programs and let us check the logs:

For instance:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.r1.attbi.com:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = sas.r1.attbi.com

That doesn't even make sense! It say to use the proxy, then it say to override it!

I would also suggest you remove all these from Global Startup:
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: NkvMon.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE

Any processes set for Global Startup will start up no matter which user is active. And none of the processes need to start on boot and run in the background, no matter who is using the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back