IE 7 takes 2.75 minutes to load - XP64 Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glhglh

I'm running xp64 on an AMD64 Dual processor 15 Model 67 @ 2800 Mhz

About a year ago, IE 7 started to take 2 minutes, 40 seconds to load (open). I tried to fix it last year, but could not find a fix. Once IE, or a tab in IE is open, it takes the normal short amount of time to change pages (as long as i cut and past the link in the current window, or the linke does not require a new tab).

My work around has been to open IE (with a couple of tabs eacH) two to three times everytime i boot into Windows. Then i just past the links i need.

i would like to fix this. i have completed the "Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions", and am attaching the logs.

Looking at the Hijackthis log, i wonder if the problem is:

Runonce?
sass.exe (file missing several times)
or other possible virus?

any and all help is appreciated. I could also update to Vista 64, but if there is a virus on the computer, i would still have the same problem. i use Symantec Endpoint (which has had several problems since released, but Symantec seems to be finally getting it together).

Any ideas? (note, the simple process of attaching files, through "manage attachments" below. opened another IE windows/box, which took another 2 minutes, 40 seconds to appear)

Looking at System information, i also note i have 4,095 total pyhsical memory, but only 2.02 GB is available, shouldn't i have the total 4 gigs available?

seeing i didn't get a response, i deleted the runonce entries,

loaded IE 8, found in adding and subtracting add-ins, the problem was with the google toolbar.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

There is speculation that HJT has issues with XP 64 bit when analyzing O23 entries.
For Win2003, perhaps HJT is likewise broken?

I believe you cited entries of this type:
O23 - Service: Net Logon (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing).

Check the services to see if this is a true indication from HJT log for o23.

I hope one of the trained volunteers can straighten this out for us.

[extra removed]

This is seen @ other forums (google> hedrick.local).
[extra removed o17 entry created by user]

[More corrections]
Suspicious; link not valid;
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://companyweb

[More corrections - incorrect usage for nslookup]
> companyweb
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: companyweb
Addresses: 63.251.179.38, 64.158.56.38

[More corrections - remove reference to example]
Incorrect usage of nslookup resolves incorrectly, as above:
Addresses: 63.251.179.38, 64.158.56.38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back