IE and Outlook Express Customisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdmk

When you sign up to a new isp, you often get the settings changed on IE and Outlook - how can you change these?

- i.e. on the top of IE - "Page Name@" - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ******.

How do I change this?

Thx

not the homepage, that's easy to change...what I mean is how do I change the text in the title bar...like I explained:

- i.e. on the top of IE - "Page Name" - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by "******". How do I change the "****"?

Covered it in our IE6 tweak guide;
https://www.techspot.com/tweaks/ie6/index.shtml

Changing Titles

If you wish you can change the Internet Explorer title to something more appealing than Microsoft Internet Explorer, if you wish to do so take the following steps. Click on Start, Run, type in regedit & hit Enter. Open the following registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]. Now Add/Edit a New String Value entitled Window Title. In the Value data field enter your desired title, then hit Ok (If you delete the Window Title key it will default to Microsoft Internet Explorer instead). Using a custom title can also interfere with some programs, although to my knowledge only the All Advantage Viewbar was such a program (& they are out of business now so that’s irrelevant).

You can also change the Outlook Express title by opening the following registry key. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{xxx}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0], where xxx represents the Identity number displayed. Add/Edit a New String Value entitled WindowTitle. Right click on this setting & select Modify. In the Value data field enter your desired title, then hit Ok (If you delete the WindowTitle key it will default to Outlook Express instead).

Problems with changing titles

I have followed these steps but when I try to enter 'Window Title' into the value name box it does not let me?! Is this because I do not have permission to do this?
Also how would you add a company logo for customisation into either I.E. or Outlook??

Many thanks for any advice,
Emma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back