TechSpot

IE Browser problems (with images)

By sadgyrl514
Aug 14, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On some websites I can see images perfectly fine, and on some they are not showing up at all, then if i close down my comp and start it up again they appear.

I reformatted my comp thinking something was wrong, but its still happening, worse than b4.

Is there any way I can solve the problem, ? I don't know what's wrong so I have no idea where to begin trying to find a solution

oh and by the way, I've tried emptying out my cache serval times, and still no luck

And another thing (sorry I keep forgettin stuff cause i'm frustrated).... I'm running winxp, ie6.0 (incase u wanna know)

It was working fine till a week ago, and then i got a virus (a downloader virus apparently) and that's when the problems started, but i reformatted completely today and the problem is still there with my IE

I have no firewall installed on my comp either
  2. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 TS Rookie Posts: 234

When you formated did you do a quick format or a full one, because a quick one wont get rid of viruses only a full one will do that, and second GET A FIREWALL INSTALLED, Zonealarm is a good one and the basic version is free.
  3. sadgyrl514

sadgyrl514 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

I did a full reformat

but i THINK I figured out the problem (sorta)

I had myspace added to my links on my browser, and whenever i went on there the rest of my sites wouldn't work, so I deleted myspace and my other sites work now, I dunno if that's a myspace problem or something with explorer, but at least its a temporary fix.
  4. Darth_Terra1

seems like a problem with myspace to me, as i said get a firewall installed you shouldn't visit websites etc without one it's just not safe enough anymore that should help along with a good antivirus such as AVG, that's free as well.
  5. sadgyrl514

sadgyrl514 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

yea that's a good idea. i already have the avg, but imma get the firewall tho, thanks
  6. Darth_Terra1

no problem gald to help :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.