IE font resizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey gang,

Here is one for ya, when I run IE 6, it always pics the "Smaller" font under "View" "Text Size", I want it to always be "Medium" this problem just started about a week ago. Any idea's? I want it to always start with the "Medium" fonts.

Thanks

A trick to quickly change your font size is to hold down control and flip the mouse wheel around a bit to your liking.

And you can start off by going into the Accessibility section of Internet Options and checking the box that says something like "ignore font sizes specified by websites." See if that helps.

Try setting the font size to Med and closing IE, then start it again. If it is @ smallest, tell me.

Hey V,

I don't have that option in IE, and yes when I close and reopen IE it always goes to smaller. I haven't found anyway to keep medium, it has not always been this way.

Thanks

u may have unwanted scripts running on your system...any programs? other wise, you may want to try reinstalling IE.

V, tried that, doesn't work, makes pages fonts huge, agi, I am unsure, I will have to check, do you know of a checking program that tells what kind of scripts you could have running ?

Go to View>Text Size>Medium (or whatever the desired size) It should stay after closing and reopening IE. It works for me anyway.

For something to check scripts, you can use Adaware as most of them would be put there by spyware. You could also try clearing your IE cache, temp internet files, cookies, etc...

Tried that Storm, no help, it doesn't save it when I close and reopen...it always goes back to "Smaller".

CooKiEs

COOKIES! :D Cookies could defently fix the trick. Dont bother with Temp...or History. Clear the cache and cookies, that may well fix the trick ;)

Tools-> Internet Options-> Center section, two buttons right next to each other, Delete Cookies and Delete Files. Click both. Don't be surprised if deleting your files takes awhile.

Re: CooKiEs

Originally posted by ---agissi---
COOKIES! :D Cookies could defently fix the trick. Dont bother with Temp...or History. Clear the cache and cookies, that may well fix the trick ;)

Tried that again. When I restart IE it always goes back to "Smaller", any new idea's ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back