TechSpot

IE loader Module

By snewton
Jan 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, new to site with a problem. I hope someone can help.

Bought new computer last fall & it had Norton trial version loaded on it. Over the last couple of weeks I have been running scans and have been finding & deleting spyware/adware. I did a scan this morning and removed one that I had difficulty getting deleted but I think I got it as when I rescanned it, nothing showed up.

Over the last 4 or 5 days I have been unable to view any secured pages on the internet. I thought that maybe removing the spyware would enable me to view them again. But nnnooooo, now I am getting a Visual C ++ error. I got that error about 3 times this morning in trying to remedy my problem. The error I keep getting most is this:

Internet Explorer has a problem with add ons and needs to close
    The following add-on was running when this problem occured
    mqqxmjfy.dlll
    IE loader module

I tried to go to the Microsoft Windows site and download the antispyware & am unable to get through because of an error on my computer. I tried to reboot my computer using the wind xp cd and can't do that as I got an error that it was unable to locate a driver to read the cd.

Does anybody have any ideas what I need to do??? I am thinking that one of the viruses has attached to this module and screwed it up. Anybody know of any way I can fix it? As I seem to be getting blocked at every place I can think of. The spyware that I had difficulty with was Xhrmy.exe (Spyware.Goidr). But like I said, when I do a search on the computer now I don't see it, so I think I've got it deleted but don't know what to do from here.

Thanks lots for any help you can be.

Sallie

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.