IE loader Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new to site with a problem. I hope someone can help.

Bought new computer last fall & it had Norton trial version loaded on it. Over the last couple of weeks I have been running scans and have been finding & deleting spyware/adware. I did a scan this morning and removed one that I had difficulty getting deleted but I think I got it as when I rescanned it, nothing showed up.

Over the last 4 or 5 days I have been unable to view any secured pages on the internet. I thought that maybe removing the spyware would enable me to view them again. But nnnooooo, now I am getting a Visual C ++ error. I got that error about 3 times this morning in trying to remedy my problem. The error I keep getting most is this:

Internet Explorer has a problem with add ons and needs to close
The following add-on was running when this problem occured
mqqxmjfy.dlll
IE loader module

I tried to go to the Microsoft Windows site and download the antispyware & am unable to get through because of an error on my computer. I tried to reboot my computer using the wind xp cd and can't do that as I got an error that it was unable to locate a driver to read the cd.

Does anybody have any ideas what I need to do??? I am thinking that one of the viruses has attached to this module and screwed it up. Anybody know of any way I can fix it? As I seem to be getting blocked at every place I can think of. The spyware that I had difficulty with was Xhrmy.exe (Spyware.Goidr). But like I said, when I do a search on the computer now I don't see it, so I think I've got it deleted but don't know what to do from here.

Thanks lots for any help you can be.

Sallie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back