IE pop up window opens up while using firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Problem is that while using Mozilla Firefox, IE will open itself and display windows, Usually something about OJsimpson (lol the black version of the simspons), or stuff for music.

checked around a bit before posting this ... i went to this post done by someone earlier https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic74464.html .... its the same thing thats been happening to me... i've done everything on there except the avenger thing cuz someone said not to do that if it was only for the poster.

so i would appreciate your help. i've just done the autorun and again scanned with my trend micro pc-illin and it now found 6 new items and i erased those .. dont know if this will make it stop or not.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You shouldn`t follow instructions that are designed for someone else, as every case is different.

Please do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of dmoney only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello -

I noticed that IE windows popped up when starting Firefox, and occasionally later in long Firefox sessions. Some of the IP addresses that IE was trying to connect to failed to connect, so I noted the IP address for future reference.

Upgrading from Firefox 1.5 to 2.0 did nothing, and ZoneAlarm and Spyware Doctor found nothing.

I looked at the Firefox cookies (Tools -> Options -> Privacy) and noticed lots of cookies from places I did not recognize, plus one from the IP address I had noted in the failed IE popup!

OK, kill all cookies, turn on manual cookie approval. Problem gone -- so far.

- bmk0

Hello -

OK killing cookies has NOT fixed the firefox-IE popup problem. The frequency of popups is way down, though. I don't know if it's anything I did.

Still looking for the problem.

- Brian

Hello again -

OK, I followed the directions as indicated. A couple of malware items showed up: wvuttts.dll and wvuvwuv.dll. AVG anti-spyware removed them, and thing seem to be back to normal. Thanks!

By the way, does anyone know what ssqpq.dll and ceenora.dll are for? I can't find any reference to them on Google.

- Brian
- Brian

Please follow the instructions in my post above and post the requested logfiles.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bmk0 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back