TechSpot

IE problem

By dannydy
Feb 27, 2007
  1. recently i facing a problem, my internet explorer keeping prompted up many, automatically.i duno why.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Can you explain this problem a little more clearly?

3. dannydy

dannydy TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 136

ok, when window started, after a few mins, internet explorer will automatic start up, access to unknow web-site, after i close, it, a few more mins, it repeats the same circumstance again. this problem keeping happening unless i shut down my computer.

4. Sounds like adware/spyware/browser hijack. Do you have any anti spyware programs installed?

5. dannydy

yap, i've did the scanning and removing, but it;s still remain.

6. Tmagic650

It is a Virus/Malware infection... post this in the "Security and the Web" section

7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

dannydy: I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum, so there`s no need to open a new thread for this.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of dannydy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

8. dannydy

thanks for above solution, i decided i go for reformat my computer.

9. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of dannydy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

10. Tmagic650

Sometimes a reformat is the best solution... I know the loss of important files and data hurts, but it can be avoided using proper backup procedures

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.