IE Problems and HijackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI everyone.

I wonder if someone can help me. I am having some major problems with my Pc. the web is running really slow and i keep getting this plugin thing appear automatically for

website - download.tibsystems,comm

on top of that my homepage has defaulted to the damn about:blank page. I have looked over loads of sites and installed loads of spyware things and none seem to be shifting it.

I have ran a log on Hijackthis and am hoping that someone might be able to help me decifer what is needed and what i can get rid of!

I would have posted it but there are loads of URL's in it and it so it wouldn't let me. had changed them all but it was still moaning ... can someone still help?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, WELCOME TO TECHSPOT! :hotbounce

I'f you haven't already, follow the instructions here and then post a new HJT log on this thread.

Purely ou of interest before you do, I had a problem with a computer I'd just re-installed a while ago. Within 5 mins online, it got hijacked and neither ad-aware or spybot picked it up, so I had to work it out and get rid of it manually.

In Internet Explorer, under the security tab of your internet options from the Tools menu, have a large number of sites added themselves to your restricted list?

IE problems and HikackThis Log

Hi Spike,

Thanks for the reply. I am not actually at home at the moment so i will check that when i get in. I dont remember seeing any sites in there. shall i just delete them if there are some?

I have tried Trase eraser pro, adaway, swshredder and they weren't picking up anything. I also tried deleting a couple of bits from the log such as a part that seemed to reference about:blank, but it seemed to come back the next time it was ran.

I will post the log on that link

thanks again so much for helping!

no, it's OK. No need to delete i9f there ar. I'm just interested. The one I managed to get a little while back was a little SOB to get rid of, and had similar symptoms to what you describe. I never could find out what it was, but it dropped a huge number of sites into the restricted zone of IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back