IE probs, won't load web pages if disconnected then reconnected for a second time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Hey. Recently I have formatted my computer and installed Windows XP home w/SP2 and have all latest updates from Windows Update. I have 1mb ADSL broadband from ntlworld and use a Thomson 330 Speedtouch ADSL modem to connect to the internet. Now this is the prob, I can connect ok, surf the web for ages. Now if i disconnect, then reconnect (say to let another user go on their account and surf the web), then it will connect but it brings up 404 page cannot be displayed on every site, or something along the lines of internet explorer could not open the search page. If I restart the computer then log on to any account and try to connect, it will connect and load up web pages fine, I just dont get it. I have Zone Alarm Free Version 6 and Kaspersky Anti Virus Personal 5. I have tried to surf the web with these running and disabled, to see if it lets me load up web pages the second time I have connected, this doesnt change a thing. I am really stumped. I mite be thinking it could be some registry setting to do with internet explorer but I could be wrong.

Win XP Home SP2 with latest updates
Internet Explorer 6
Zone Alarm Free 6
Kaspersky Anti Virus Personal 5

Can ne1 help. Thanx :)

go to the Tools menu; General tab, Temp internet files
click delete followed by the Settings Button
set the Amount Of Disk to something like 25-50mb and
set the Automatic button
click OK , OK to keep the settings.

I have tried that and it still hasn't solved the problem. Thanx for your input joebeard :)

Ne1 else ne ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back