IE running turtle slowish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping someone would be able to help me. My IE runs super slow and i read that running HJT could help out. I ran it but do not know what to delete. I would appreciate if someone could look this over for me... THanks alot in advance!!

-Troy

I attempted to attach the log, so i hope it works out!

edit: also when i have IE running i have 4 iexplorer.exe running... is this ok?

Run CCleaner

Please do this
(Some members say they have already tried this in a reply; but later I find it has not been done!)
The following not only resets all Internet Explorer's settings, but also removes all temp files, all extensions are disabled (toolbars, browser extensions, and Browser Helper Objects), and activeX controls are restored.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Restart, and test if it's now Ok or not

This one up to you!

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Run

Please do this
(Some members say they have already tried this in a reply; but later I find it has not been done!)
The following not only resets all Internet Explorer's settings, but also removes all temp files, all extensions are disabled (toolbars, browser extensions, and Browser Helper Objects), and activeX controls are restored.

ow to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES[/URL]

Thanks for the help! It definitely helped a little, but it is still slow...
To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Restart, and test if it's now Ok or not

This one up to you!

Have a look at:

Thanks is seemed to help a little but its still running really slow...

Ok so I got rid of mcafee and added avira and comodo firewall.. I went through the 8 step process.. Thanks for the help so far! its running better!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.8 KB · Views: 5
:grinthumb

Ok I had a quick look at the logs, there's sooo many VAIO entries it made it a bit difficult (but don't worry about that)

Please run CCleaner again (a few temp files to get rid of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back