TechSpot

IE running Very Slow

By rbalusek
Dec 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a machine that in running IE6 or should I say not running IE6, when IE is opened it hardly moves to the site to the point that you think that IE is locked up. All other programs on the machine work fast expect IE. The in internet connection is a cable setup with a 1.5 up and 3 down speed. I was reading in another thread that gave a link to some software that provide a HJT log where you could check what is going on. Any ideas on correcting the issue?
  2. Yakob

Yakob Newcomer, in training Posts: 77

my advice:
    Ditch IE and get firefox, much faster and safer.
  3. rbalusek

rbalusek Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Not what I am looking for on IE slowness

Now that really does not help my IE issue. Yes Firefox may be faster and safe and I may go to that but I would like to know what is going on with IE.
  4. ninenok

ninenok Newcomer, in training

Fire fox is the best
  5. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,048

6. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Banned Posts: 428

If you can not help in solving the problem described by the original poster then please DO NOT help at all.

We are here to solve problems, not avoid them.

rbalusek if your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HijackThis (HJT), Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
    We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.