IE suddenly can't access facebook

Need more info than that. There is a link in my signature that can help you in the future, but for now I'll throw you a bone.

What device?
If its a computer, have you tried a different browser? Can you ping www.facebook.com?
If at home, do you have another computer you can test it on?

Point is, need to have some more details before it is really worth trying to answer. You can be vague in real life because people can respond by asking 20 questions and get to the heart of the issue in a short period of time. On a forum though, sometimes there can be hours or days of lag between the responses.

Need more info than that. There is a link in my signature that can help you in the future, but for now I'll throw you a bone.

What device?
If its a computer, have you tried a different browser? Can you ping www.facebook.com?
If at home, do you have another computer you can test it on?

Point is, need to have some more details before it is really worth trying to answer. You can be vague in real life because people can respond by asking 20 questions and get to the heart of the issue in a short period of time. On a forum though, sometimes there can be hours or days of lag between the responses.

Hi there

Apologies for the lack of details. This problem is from my ASUS notebook. I tried to access facebook via other laptops that is sharing the same WIFI network and it works without any issues. Guess the issue mainly lies with the notebook. Not sure how I can resolve this error.

-also merged threads, but that wasn't your fault, had to approve your other first because of our spam filter :) -sngx1275

I tried to key in www.facebook.com and the IE just doesn't do anything and just shows a blank page. However, it loads when I key in other websites. Really strange..

Last edited by a moderator:
Open up a command prompt on the computer it isn't working on and type: ping www.facebook.com

If you don't know how to open the command prompt, I think it is in the accessories menu (or just search for it - sorry I'm on OS X right now and I don't remember offhand where it is in XP and Vista/7 (or even 8) as they are different).

Ninja edit - Do you have another browser you can try? If not, get Chrome (google it, chrome browser).

Hi there

Here's what I get:

Pinging star.c10r.facebook.com [31.13.72.81] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 31.13.72.81: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=89
Reply from 31.13.72.81: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=89
Reply from 31.13.72.81: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=89
Reply from 31.13.72.81: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=89
Ping statistics for 31.13.72.81:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 20ms

Hi there

I just installed Chrome and am able to access facebook now. Any idea what is the issue with IE and how I can resolve the error?

Thank you.

No, not any idea other than something happened that decided fb needed to be blocked.

Glad you can get where you want to be now, but yeah, I don't know why IE got messed with.

I can load all websites except facebook, all of a sudden. Can anyone please advise me? Thank you very much!
hi, welcome to TS!
I don't know if this is related to your case.
my nephew has this cheap asus touchscreen laptop which cannot access yahoo website using ie for windows 8, firefox, google chrome but has no problem accessing other sites.
the only 'problem' I discovered is the incorrect date and time on the laptop. it was set more than a month ago and at a different time zone.
input of correct date and time (Philippines) corrected the inaccessible yahoo problem.

We recently had a similar problem that was severe on one computer, intermittent on a second, and almost non-existent on a third. On all three, Facebook consistently was a problem, YouTube often a problem, and Google occasionally a problem. The only thing that cured it was disabling IPv6. Now on a separate search to see what types of compatibility issues can exist and how to fix them.

Back