Attachments

• browser.jpg
    browser.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 81
Please use a Specific Question on the Subject Line

Merged threads
ie toolbar help & plz help me out here

Please Post in the Correct Forum.
* Please use a Specific Question on the Subject Line.
* This will archive your subject for later searches/retrieval
* Subject lines like "Help me" or "I have a question" & other pleas of desperation are not useful in a help forum.
* Learn to use the Search Feature extensively to answer questions, for the following reasons:

Most likely got there with a program you've installed. Yahoo, DAP & FlashGet put similar bars on your IE browser. Why the thread in the meeting spot forum ?

Can you not right click over on the left where that vertical line is and uncheck it? Therefore not making it be displayed anymore.

What steps have you tried to fix it?
Things just don't get there by themselves, some recently installed software (most likely downloaded from the web and run) did that, so if you can remember back to what things you installed just before the problem occured you most likely can find out what caused it, or at least narrow it down. Then if you can run that program by itself and check out its preferences you might be able to uncheck somethat that puts its toolbar in IE. If its that big of a problem try selectively uninstalling recently installed programs.

Sorry thats the best I can do with limited information.

Maybe I just can't read but I don't see what exactly is the problem. Are you trying to get rid of that "news, mp3 music, gaming, .." toolbar? Drag it from the handle to make it a window, then close it.

What version of IE are you using? It looks like it's 4.0 (I suppose it could be 5.0 :p). If I'm not mistaken, the option to remove certains toolbars came with 5.0. If you don't have at least IE 5.0, download it. In any case, here's an animation:

IEAnimation.gif

Originally posted by DaveSylvia
In any case, here's an animation:
Yeh I told him to do that and he said it didn't work. I've never seen a bar thats added on that you can't take back off.

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have IE 6.0, and have a toolbar that won't go away. It is bluish and is referred to as mp3 admin. I can get it to go away from the screen, but it always comes back. I want to get rid of it for real. Can anyone help? Oh, I got it from downloading MSN Messenger Plus, which my "friend" forgot to tell me was full of spyware. I have run AdAware and Spybot (both updated) and it got rid of most of the stuff, but the toolbar remains.

Try to use msconfig to stop the toolbar from running on startup...check the forums for msconfig if you don't know how to use it. I personally use Netscape or Mozilla. No stupid toolbars, no insane gaping security holes, etc., etc. Also you might just uninstall MSN messenger + ...

I have uninstalled MSN Messenger +, it was the first thing I did after I saw the stuff it felt the need to install. Thanks for the infor about msconfig, I'm going to try it now.

Since your Profile isn't filled out I am going to assume you are using Win XP.

You can always try to go to a restore point that was just before you installed MSN +

I'm sure it created one right before it installed that anyway, but you can try one a few days before if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back