IE6 new windows opened are minimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In IE6 when I right click to open a link in a New Window the new window opens as a very, very small title bar. I would like it to open it the same size as the parent frame.

I think I need to edit the registry, but I am unsure where or what to change?

Any and all help would be apprieciated with this annoying problem.

david

much easier, no registry editing needed:
resize it manually, to the size you want it to be, then hold down shift and click the X to close the window. then the next time it'll be back to how you wanted it.
-Krugger

Thanks for tip, but no luck. Tried your idea a number of times and even shutdown IE. Maybe I need to reboot after trying your suggestion.

I have Windows 98 if that makes any difference and I am up to date with all Windows Updates for Win98 and IE6.

david

Thanks Krugger. I hope you read this. The link explained it a little differently than you. I needed to close the first window before closing the NEW window.

"Try this:
1. Launch IE. (If it's already open, close it down first and relaunch it.)
2. Right click on a link and choose "Open in New Window"
3. Close the first window
4. Resize the second window if you can. If not, maximize the second window.
5. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and click the "X" at the top to close the window
IE should be completely shut down now. Relaunch it and see if it works."

Thanks for you help.

david

interesting... i never needed that step, but perhaps it's b/c i have XP vs 98. well, i'm glad it worked, that's always a frustrating thing that MS should've made much easier to work with.
-Krugger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back