IE6 not keeping visited links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all-- My IE6 is not keeping visted links anymore. It was yesterday, but today when I visit say a post on a forum it is not highlighted or marked afterwards anymore. Any clues?

I'ved done the ad aware, dump temp net files, add/remove repair, all to no avail.

Thanks

IE Properties

IE Properties> General tab> Days to Keep in History
"The History folder contains the links to pages you've visited,
for quick access to recently viewed pages"

IE Properties> General tab> Temporary Internet Files> Settings

So are you saying delete history? Is there another way? I'd really like to keep my visited links as they save me time not backtracking.

I'd tried the extension of days, but not the allowing more space for history. I doubled the days and allowed 10 times more space and still nothing. Rebooted before testing. Thanks though.

Any other thoughts? Or am I doomed to have to delete all my recent visits?

You can also try going to Tools>>>Internet Options
Then click on the Advanced tab, and at the bottom click on restore defaults. That might change something back to the way it used to be:)

Still the same! I tried Tools>>Reset Web Settings earlier as well. Of course the reboot per change as IE is so dug into the OS.

Anything else anyone can think of?

Originally posted by Ciqir
Greetings all-- My IE6 is not keeping visted links anymore. It was yesterday, but today when I visit say a post on a forum it is not highlighted or marked afterwards anymore. Any clues?

Thanks

This might sound silly, but some sites do not allow you to visibly see links that you have clicked on before. Are you sure the sites that you are visiting are actually designed to make visited ;links a different color?

lol, you brought up the 164th oldest thread on this site. I'm sure the problem has long since been 'resolved'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back