TechSpot

ie6 update problem

By Bust
Sep 7, 2003
  1. I've just updated ie6 & Win2000 SP4 and have encountered a problem...

I'm not able to view some sites (eg windows update) and the drop-down menus on sites come down but don't load once I've clicked on them.

Also when I use the pop-up address book on my email it will not let me select the address.

I feel all these problems are linked to the ie6 update. I've tried adjusting my internet options to no avail.

I don't know what to try now, can anyone help?

2. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

You might want to try doing a REpair of Internet Explorer. Go into the Control Panel, Add/REmove programs & select Internet Explorer & Tools, choose the repair option

3. Bust

Bust TS Rookie Topic Starter

problem!

I cannot uninstall anything as where I go into 'add/remove programs' I just get a blank box.

This also happens when I go to some web pages, the title bar loads but the rest of the screen is blank.

4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

Are you logged in with administrative privileges? If not then that problem you have with Add/Remove Programs might indicate something more problematic with your system than just Internet Explorer

5. Krosti

Krosti TS Rookie

I have the same problem. And I'm logged in with administrative privileges.
    I don't know what to do.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.