IE6 will only download images in bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using windows xp with ie6.0.2800.1106 and it will save images only in bmp format. I am getting very frustrated with it.
I have emptied the temporary internet files, deleted cookies and increased the amount of disk space to use.
I have clicked on tools, internet options, settings, view objects: and there are no uninstalled, corrupted, or unknown files there. But I removed everything there.
I check my settings under HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\jpeg, HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\jpeg,
HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\gif and they appear to be correct.
I went to Start, Run and typed in: regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll, regsvr32 /i shdoc401.dll,regsvr32 webvw.dll and regsvr32 thumbvw.dll (for upgrades). and "regsvr32 /i mshtml" .
I rebooted and tried again and again, and when I try to download an image that is either gif. or jpeg format it still will only save as untitled bmp.
I would kiss the ground that you walk on if you can help me fix this. It has been going on for some time, and every article that I have found says to do I just did.
Thank you for your time and any help or solution that you can give me.

Caryn

Rightclick IE on the desktop, select Properties. Then delete your Temp. Internet files, including Offline content.

This is the standard procedure, that you followed, but it did not help.

The only solution for the moment is, to install Firefox from www.getfirefox.com and use that instead. You should do so ANYway.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back