IE7 Hompage stuck on MSN.COM & other odd behavior

By nwyllie
Aug 1, 2007
  1. I don't usually use IE7. I prefer Firefox. But there are a few pages that will not work with Firefox, and my wife is used to IE7. Since my computer came back from Compaq for repairs I noticed that my IE7 home page is ( I changed this to my usual homepage, the same one I use for Firefox, but upon reaccessing the options I see it's not changed and is still as noted above. I've run virus and spyware checks and found nothing.

Another odd thing I noticed is I try to access a certain web site for video ( I am told that the video may not be viewed outside the US! I'm in Utah, and it may be debatable if that is outside the US. But I think for this purpose it would be considered US.

So does anyone have any idea what is going on or what I can check?
  2. Po`Girl

Po`Girl TS Rookie Posts: 595

It`s been fixed in the registry,by either an anti spyware program -Spysweeper, Windows Defender,Spybot SDD etc. or Compaq.

For both solutions,see HERE

Also, make sure these two keys are present,with a DWORD value of 1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\RunOnceHasShown

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\RunOnceComplete

See HERE

As for CBS and it`s anti-Mormon stance.The only thing I can think of is that your using

a proxy server of some sort,or your ISP is based in Canada or somewhere outside the U.S
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.