Ie7 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmightypuff

ive seen this posted before, but none of the posters pc specs are like mine, or the solution has been tried before. i have a p4 e-class dual core with twin dual core 2 gig ram chips, so i know my pc isnt to slow. ie 7 takes about a minute to load, (just displays connecting in the tab) then takes annoyingly long to load each page, usually about 15 to 30 sec, depending on the page. Iv checked by isp and im clocking 2.5 mps out and just over 1 mps in, but, although i know dsl isnt the fastest there is, it used to load MUCH faster then this. i already turned off ALL add-ons, cleared cache, temp files, ect, everything but my passwords, didnt effect it at all. i also have netscape, works fine but gets stuck after 10 minutes or so and i have to ctrl/alt/del to close it, and i hate opera. i have all updates and nothing is malfunctioning in the device manager. im not a windows nexb by ANY strech of the term, having been using and working on pc's since before they even had hard drives, but this ones got me scratching the hair off my head in one spot. please help, because i dont have much left, and if this keeps up ill be bald in a year, lol.

EDIT: i should also add that mcafee has been removed and the only other internet related service running is stopzilla. and even though i dont use a vs, i fervently make sure im virus free. so far ive never had one on this pc since i built it jan 2007.

Was Internet Explorer 7 added as a download or off a microsoft disc? Or do you have VISTA

You can use Add and Remove to take off IE 7, then defrag, reboot, and reinstall it with usually good results.

it was downloaded as an upgrade. and iv also removed it and reinstalled it several times. i defrag both drives once every 2 weeks as schedualed maintenance.

sorry, i forgot to add i have xp sp2. ill NEVER get vista until sp1 is out.

You sound knowledgable, so this has probably been covered, but a common cause is a hard drive in the early stages of failure... particularly Maxtor, and the 80 GB version of the Silver Western Digital drive.
Suggest you run a drive fitness test from the manufacturer just to rule out this issue.

i hope not, cause i have 2 500 gb western digitals. paid a good buck for them.
id have to rule that out, because everything else works fine, just ie7.

P.S. my music folder alone is bigger then 80 gig, lol

New one for me. Hope you can find time to post what you figgered out, when you figger it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back