IE7 screwed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tongan

My Internet Explorer 7 is screwing up.
Every time I download anything from the net, my download cuts out prematurely and tells me to re-download. This is getting really annoying, especially since I want to download Mozilla firefox to try and fix my problem, but I can't!
As well, every time I open IE, 2 windows open up instead of 1.
One of these windows being my normal homepage, and the other being a blank page from an older Version of IE.

Can anybody tell me why this is happening and suggest how to fix it?

Does this happen only when browsing? What about emails?
If one of your homepages is about=blank you may have a trojan.
What is your AV and AS software?
How do you connect to the net (ADSL, cable or ?)?

Well, whenever I click on my emails (using msn hotmail), I am taken to a
log-in, verification type screen, instead taking me straight to my email inbox, which is what usually is supposed to happen.
And yes, my home page is about=blank. (should I just type something else in there?)

I am using AVG anti-virus
Spybot S&D
Windows Defender
And I connect to the internet via ADSL.

Thanks.

Ok. Is your homepage about=blank? If it is you may have a browser hijacker. What AV program do you have installed? You should try NIS 2007...
Mr.Softy

Open IE7 tools, go to internet options and remove the home page line about+=blank.
reboot
If it is still there, scan with AVG for the about=blank trojan. It is an old one so should not be too hard to fix. Google it for fix options if you find it.

Sorry about that last post, my facts were wrong I got the info from my friend Lukas Grace who didnt really know what he was talking about it, so you can just disregard it .
Mr.Softy

Sorry - but there is a trojan which hijacks the home page and turns it to about=blank. Google for it if you don't believe me!
You could also try resetting your IE7 defaults:
Go to tools, internet options, advanced and at the bottom of the page there is a reset all IE settings button. Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back