IE7 won't connect, Firefox will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus451

Hey there, I'm trying to get IE7 to connect to the internet but it refuses to do so for me. Firefox connects and runs fine, which should be all I would ever need but apparently some programs absolutely need to use IE to function so I can't have just Firefox.

Edit: Sorry about not posting attachments. Another thing I forgot to mention is that whenever I type in google to IE to test if it works it changes the adress to http:/// and tells me that I entered an invalid address. I know I am entering it correctly.

Working on the scans now, however I think I should let you know that I can't install Zonealarm because it can't connect to the internet somehow and ComboFix tells me that I don't have enough memory to run it, when I clearly do.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Bacchus451 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here are the two logs I was able to get, also check first post as I edited it to include some new information.

Not much in your HJT log that needs fixing.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CATTRAY] C:\Program Files\cp\cattray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe

O16 - DPF: {D30CA0FD-1CA0-11D4-AC78-006008A9A8BC} (WebBasedClientInstall Class) - http://resnet.utica.edu/avclient/vista/webinst.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Without seeing the Combofix log, I`m struggling to tell if your system is infected.

See what happens when you`ve completed the various scans.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back