IEEE 1394 Pin header problem Gigabyte Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already done a forum search on anything about this topic so i am sorry if it has already been discussed and i could not find it!!

My problem is simply that i have a tower with a single IEEE 1394 (firewire) port. The header pins on this are all separate and are listed as follows:

VP: (Power)
VG: (Ground)
TPB+
TPB-
TPA+
TPA-
SHIELD: (Ground)

On my K8N PRO SLI Gigabyte mobo i have the following two headers:

10 pin header which is surrounded with a purple plastic surround:
there are picsHERE

1:TPA0+
2:TPA0-
3:GND (Ground)
4:GND (Ground)
5:TPB0+
6:TPB0-
7: NO PIN
8: POWER
9: POWER
10: GND

The other header has 16 pins and are arranged as follows:

1:pOWER
2:pOWER
3:TPA1+
4:TPA1-
5:GND
6:GND
7:TPB1+
8:TPB1-
9:pOWER
10:pOWER
11:TPA2+
12:TPA2-
13:GND
14:NO PIN
15:TPB2+
16:TPB2-

First word here really is "HELP"!!! then its "I DONT WANT TO FRY MY MOBO AND VIDEO CAMERA!!!"

If i just attach the pins to there respective places will it be ok? where would you put the pins....?

any help would be great this is my first build.

yes, just attach them to the right pins and you'll be fine.

but I honestly don't see the need to, your mobo comes with a pci slot port card with 2 firewire ports (and 2 usb ports), the connector is the purple "dummy proof" connector. do you really need more than 2 firewire ports??

Thanks!!!

Its convienence really more than anything... Saves reaching around the back to connect it.

I also didnt realise it came with that PCI card it says no where in the manual or on any websites that sell it!

I really appriciate your reply however i have a similar problem with USB ports on the front of my tower (the gigabyte 1's are surrounded buy a plastic yellow clip).

if you bought the mobo brand new it should have come with it. you can see it here

the USB will be the same. the reason that your mobo has the "plastic clip" surrounding the header is to lock in the connector for those port expansion plates. they use one single connector instead of individual pin connectors (which is why the call them "dummy proof").

your mobo manual says which pins on each header to connect the single mobo connectors

Thanks Again

Thanks once again for your help!!

I emailed Gigabyte about this question and there reply was thus far:

Hi,

Sorry but we suggest please refer to the case manufacture for assistance, Gigabyte will not responsible if provided incorrect information for the IEEE 1394pin configurations. Saying so because different case manufacture have their own IEEE lable and we unable to know all case manufacture pins lable.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

:|

I guess they are covering thier backs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back