Iexplore.exe always active in task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my computer is acting strangely. When i open the task manager on my laptop i file called Iexplore.exe is always showing, even when i havent opened Internet explorer. Also my mouse curser is showing the hourglas like if the computer is constantly busy, and i suspect it to be caused by the Iexplore.exe file. Ived tryed all sorts of antispyware and antivirus programs, but the problem consists. I cant shut down that activity in the task manager, i cant even mark it for more than a splitsecond. Does anyone have an idea of what it might could be. Im starting to get low on ideas myself =/
This is my first time using the forum so i hope i did it right with my HijackThis file, else let me know

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Lynxx only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard

Thx for your reply. Ive startet to do all the things you have listed, but i cant seem to find the program Combofix anywhere. Do you have another link to it?

There is some kind of problem with links to Combofix at the moment. I don`t have any specific info as to why this is, but have asked at Bleeping Computer. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a reply.

Follow the instructions, but skip Combofix for now.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Lynxx only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi again

Finally done =) It went really well, and the Iexplore.exe aint active anymore and the mousecurser has calmed down now. Thx alot. I will post the logs you requested anyway so if you have the time you can have a look at them and see if everything is ok. When i connected to the internet after i followed the steps, ive got a warning from AVG Resident shield: C:/windows/system32/drivers/symavc32.sys is infected with a trojan called Trojan Horse backdoor.generic8.cjx and i cant do anything exept ignore, do you know how to remove that to?

I just want to thank you again for fixing the other problem.

(as you know i couldnt download the combofix file, so that log is missing)

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:/windows/system32/drivers/symavc32.sys

Other than the above, your log files are clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back