Iexplore.exe bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to TechSpot, Howard. I'll help with the malware. It appears that Tmagic has overlooked the fact that you are asked to run CCleaner in one of the steps.

Your system is badly infected with MyWebSearch and Trojan.Agent/Gen-KoobFace[XMas]. Some of this will be removed when you run Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. We will then see if any entries remain in the rescan with HijackThis.

Please leave all three logs and I will review them.

But there is one entry I want you to handle now:

Flash player is known for leaving behind old insecure files. It is better to clean out the entire entry, uninstall. I will have you reinstall it after the malware has been removed as it is a source of malware now.

Download the Flash Player Uninstaller and save it to your desktop.
Choose the Flash Player Uninstaller for you browser: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ Don't run yet.

Please reopen HijackThis to 'do system scan only'. Check the following processes if found:

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Shockwave Updater] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\SHOCKW~1\SWHELP~3.EXE -Update -1103470 -"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)" -"http://www.mms.com/us/fungames/games/flipthemix/"

Close all Windows except HijackThis and click "Fix Checked."

• Boot into Safe Mode
    [o] Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
    [o] Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
  • Double-click the Flash Player Uninstaller setup on the desktop and run the uninstaller program.
  • Reboot your computer to complete the uninstall.

I will have you reinstall and disable the auto-updater later.

"It appears that Tmagic has overlooked the fact that you are asked to run CCleaner in one of the steps"...

It appears that Bobbye has overlooked the fact that there are better more effective free temp file cleaners out there. My link points you to a better cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back