Iexplore.exe runs periodically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iexplore.exe pops up in my task manager when I am not using it. When this happens, it takes the focus off of the current screen I am using if I don't pay attention. So if I am writing an email, and not paying close attention, it acts like I clicked off of it. I watched task manager and saw iexplore.exe poping up every time this occurred. I followed the 8 step procedures and it is still happening. I attached my log files for any help or assistance you can provide. Thanks so much.

Thanks for your reply but I'm not sure that's it. I have had auto updates on for years and never had this issue. This weekend I cleaned out by PC with CC cleaner and it may have reset some of the settings because yesterday I kept getting a pop up box asking if I wanted to use internet explorer as my default browsers even though IE wasn't even launched. I typically use firefox. I was working in a non internet program and this box kept coming up until I clicked don't show again. When I do launch IE it do see two instances of iexplore.exe periodically when this occurs. It's weird because when it does happen, it changes the focus of my window to something else, as if I had clicked off. That's way I became suspicious their was a virus or something trying to launch. I've seen lots of postings about viruses and things that can cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back