If you were to buy a new graphics card what would you buy?

By ingeborgdot
Dec 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you were to buy a new graphics card what would you buy? I want to spend less than $300 if possible. I would like it to be quiet if possible and I think that 256mb is what I need to get. I need this for video editing and running some intense 3D transitions for it. PCI-E Suggestions. Thanks.
  2. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

My dad's got an ASUS Radeon 9800xt 256mb with VIVO and he seems to find it excellent for video processing and gaming.Also i can suggest an NVidia Quattro workstation graphics card, only if your not into gaming....
  3. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

Oh, and in answer to the thread title, I would buy a GeForce 7800gt
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

After running a Trident 9000c, I'll never go back to a Geforce 7800 GT... :unch:
  5. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,198

6. radelli

radelli Newcomer, in training

zip zoom fly

try zip zoom fly, best prices,, shipping is real slow though, go with the 6800gt, will handle the job.
  7. azrael

azrael Newcomer, in training

I am also upgrading my system and looking for a new graphich. I would also suggest the 6800GT.
  8. seanp789

seanp789 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 113

dual chip , 7900GTXs

oops not sub 300
  9. Exscind

Exscind Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

I don't suggest the 6800GT because 1) Borderline 7800GT price and 2) 6800GS is on par if not outperform the 6800Gt while less than $200. If you want the best under $300, the nVIDIA 7800GT is your choice. But if you want a decent card and free up some cash for other parts, then go with the 6800GS for ~$200 (more like $190 now).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.