Ignored people still showing on "News mode"

Kibaruk

Hi Techspot,

The feature to ignore someone is the only thing that keeps me sane once I unplug from my computer, yet, even when ignored, I can still read that youtuber bragging on his feats of strength... yes, you all know who I speak of, truly a despicable character, who has one handed antagonized most of the "normal" people you read everyday.

Back to the issue, even when ignored it will show the posts when I read on "news mode", on "forum mode" it works alright but if I can still read him when browsing through the news and the comments it's defeating the purpose.

Thank you!

The ignore feature works on forum mode only indeed, unfortunately we have no plans to extend it to the news view.

Merged your thread as this was brought up just recently as well by @Kibaruk , the news view doesn't support the ignore feature unfortunately.

I tried this question in an old post -- is there a possibility of 'forcing' forum mode then (or future, I.e., "always view site in Forum mode? yes/no")? Ignore is a nice feature, but when I clik on email or main page links, yep, his long and incessant posts are there. scroll-scroll to end, select forum mode, scroll (or 'end' key) to the bottom, scroll up to comments begin, Now read, and save blood-pressure spikes for fun things.

Would it help if comments links would default to forum mode (from the homepage)?
Yes, that would actually be awesome!

Edit: So... sorry I was over excited and then wondered, if I click on a new article and I go to the comments below, are these going to be seen as forum mode? Also there is an issue with quoting over news mode with the " they show as weird characters, when you go into forum mode they show normal, it's odd.

Would it help if comments links would default to forum mode (from the homepage)?

Humbly offer, how about having the 'jump to forum mode' button/link relocated to the top of the article on the author line (permanently attached to the right of 'comment count' item, so it can't be forgotten as 'jump to forum' link at bottom is occasionally MIA).
It -seems- like it would have the least affect on operations/users, and top-of-the-article is where we wind up anyway, when we scroll to the bottom to select the forum button/link now.
Would appreciate it Not opening Forum Mode in a new window if that is possible
Request that there is No Limit on the number of ignored - wish there was a positive way of stating that.
While I have your ear, if a new user makes their info Private (?,don't recall the exact error message) I am unable to ignore them. Hope that can be remedied.
If the ignored user can see how many ignores they have received -could- be useful (not names, just numbers).
I know, I'm dreaming again..

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Back