TechSpot

ikernel installshield error

By mclaren
Mar 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 days ago i bought a brand new harddrive and install windows xp pro on it. When i try to install games such as battlefieldvietnam,battlefield1942 i get an error saying "THE INSTALLSHIELD ENGINE (ikernel.exe) COULD NOT BE INSTALLED. (0x10000)" On my other drive those games and other worked without a problem. I dunno how to fix it. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Computer specs:
    AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    1024MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
    Windows Xp Pro
    ALL updated drivers
    New hardrive
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 540

3. mclaren

mclaren TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey that fixed the ikernel.exe problem but right after that i get this error saying "An installtion support file 'C:\doucme~1\dinorc~1\temp\{c992341b-f15c-40af0aa81-dc28ferb483e}\isrt.dll' could not be install

Acces is denied"

Thanks for the ikernel help but how do i fix this now?????
  4. dopefisher

5. mclaren

i get all the way to dinoru and then i dunno where the temp is???

I download the ISRT.dll right?
  6. dopefisher

oh i didnt notice that it said "access denied". try to enable viewing of hidden folders/files. make sure you're the admin and have viewing priveleges of the file.
  7. mclaren

How do i view hidden folders?
  8. dopefisher

these things that im telling you to do....im not really sure that it will help. im just going on what you tell me...so anyway: in my computer when in a folder, on the left should be your folder tasks. one of them should be something like show all contents of this drive. click it.
  9. mclaren

ok i went to view and then i click on the one saying show hidden files and folders. Thats it right??
  10. dopefisher

yes that is right.
  11. raoul2

raoul2 TS Rookie

i keep getting error when i am trying to insall a game

An installation support file ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Installshield\engine\6\intel 32\iKernel.exe’ could not be installed. The filename, directory name or volume syntax is incorrect.

can someone help me plz

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.