TechSpot

ikernel installshield error

By mclaren
Mar 20, 2005
  1. 2 days ago i bought a brand new harddrive and install windows xp pro on it. When i try to install games such as battlefieldvietnam,battlefield1942 i get an error saying "THE INSTALLSHIELD ENGINE (ikernel.exe) COULD NOT BE INSTALLED. (0x10000)" On my other drive those games and other worked without a problem. I dunno how to fix it. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Computer specs:
    AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    1024MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
    Windows Xp Pro
    ALL updated drivers
    New hardrive

2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

3. mclaren

mclaren TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey that fixed the ikernel.exe problem but right after that i get this error saying "An installtion support file 'C:\doucme~1\dinorc~1\temp\{c992341b-f15c-40af0aa81-dc28ferb483e}\isrt.dll' could not be install

Acces is denied"

Thanks for the ikernel help but how do i fix this now?????

4. dopefisher

5. mclaren

i get all the way to dinoru and then i dunno where the temp is???

I download the ISRT.dll right?

6. dopefisher

oh i didnt notice that it said "access denied". try to enable viewing of hidden folders/files. make sure you're the admin and have viewing priveleges of the file.

7. mclaren

How do i view hidden folders?

8. dopefisher

these things that im telling you to do....im not really sure that it will help. im just going on what you tell me...so anyway: in my computer when in a folder, on the left should be your folder tasks. one of them should be something like show all contents of this drive. click it.

9. mclaren

ok i went to view and then i click on the one saying show hidden files and folders. Thats it right??

10. dopefisher

yes that is right.

11. raoul2

raoul2 TS Rookie

i keep getting error when i am trying to insall a game

An installation support file ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Installshield\engine\6\intel 32\iKernel.exe’ could not be installed. The filename, directory name or volume syntax is incorrect.

can someone help me plz

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.