I'll be gone for a month or so.

By Rick
Mar 14, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. It's that time again. I'm going on my routine cross-country trip to California. I'll be gone for nearly a month.

I haven't been around for a few days because I've been pretty busy with some other matters. I just wanted to let you all know you probably won't hear from me very often in the next month.

Behave! :)
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Awwww man. I'm gonna miss ya! All those Star Trek/Wars tirades we had in IRC...
    But don't let me stop you. Have fun :grinthumb
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,267   +217

Have a good time.

Have fun out there.
    Put some sunscreen on wouldnt' want your pasty colored skin to get all burned :)
    Take it easy bud, I'll still be here when you get back.

Later man
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Don't worry, you can have just as much fun without me.

Some fun ideas while I'm gone:

1.) Recalibrate your bio-molecular residual relay sensors to match the atennuation of the pulse grid array.

2.) Route the aft and forward phaser banks so they deliberately modulate e-band emissions on unfiltered frequencies. If you are confronted with the romulans, this should prove especially potent since their sheilds modulate on the same frequency as the half-life for ferro carbonate dioxide.

3.) Carry out a sensor sweep of all known cronoton x-band particles for nearby m-class planets and update the computer's cronoton emission records.

4.) Make Picard fly the Enterprise into a planet.
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

6. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

Woohoo one less regular in the competition stakes :giddy: ...
    *cough* I mean we'll miss your presence, have a good time out there ;)

And you don't need to do any of that fancy stuff in Star Trek.
    Every situation can be dealt with by realiging the deflector shield and emitting a modulated tachyon beam! Duh! ;)
  7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

C'ya l8er m8!

C'ya when you get back Rick..

And enjoy yourself whilst you're there!
  8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Hope its not too late, but what are you going for?? Just for fun, or other business?? But whatever it is, have fun.
    And we'll anxiously be awaiting your return :)
  9. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I am in CA right now.

The reason I am here, Poertner, is because my girlfriend lives here. I go to see her a few times a year.

Speaking of which, I just fixed up her computer (It wasn't operating nominal), so I might be swinging by from time to time while I'm here.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.