I'll get "Access is denied" error, when I try to open a folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IpeXeuS

Hi,

I've just installed Windows XP Professional (includes SP1 & SP2) operating system to C:\ partition and when I try to access a folder in different partition, I'll get "Access is denied" error. I had Windows 2000 Professional operating system before and both operating systems are in finnish. So, what can I do? Please, reply a.s.a.p.

Cheers, IpeXeuS

(Sorry about the bad english...hope you understand...)

Just login with an account that has administrator priveledges and you should be ablle to do what you want, including changing permissions of the folders.

Go to Control Panel -> User Accounts and see if there is an Administrator account or if your account is a member of the Administrators or Power Users Group.

Also right-click on the folders and go to Properties, then the Security tab. You can try and add permissions and view the permissions..

Let us know how you get on

I use only one account on my computer and it includes administrator privileges.

By the way, there's also few different folders that works well, but only one folder in that partition doesn't work.

please ensure you mention ALL relevant information - like "By the way, there's also few different folders that works well, but only one folder in that partition doesn't work"

anyway - check the security permissions for the folder that doesnt work. Modify the permissions as required and apply to ALL directories and subdirectories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back