Illustrator CS2 problem (windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

i have been having a problem with illustrator. im working on a very basic ai. file. 2 layers and only black and white lines. when i try to save i get a message "An unknown error has occurred", when i close that box i get another message "Can't finish previewing. There isn't enough memory. ID = -108" , when i close that box i get the windows message "adobe illustrator has encountered a problem and needs to close....etc".

im running a pentium 4 3gig CPU with 1.2gig RAM with about 20gig free space on my hard-drive.
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers.

I've got exactly the same problem. Different cpu athlon 3.7, 2gb ram with 100gb hd space. I've followed the instructions on the adobe site re: removing Flattener Presets file, tried saving as eps, tried saving as ai with pdf option turned off.

None work.

Any help ????

it is happening more and more frequently now. it seems as if its everytime i use the program. could it be my cpu over heating? its sitting on around 32 degrees c. i think it may be in the fonts somehow. i have just repeatedly saved many times before using a certain font, and as soon as i try to save after its in......bad news follows. i tried outlining he font then saving and it seems to help the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back