im a newbie

By justobehappy
Sep 16, 2005
  1. Hi,my name is kate, and I live in ky.
    I am looking at this dumb pcs for dummies,,not a lot of help I have a dell dim. 4550 and I can use some help with the dumb thing.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello justobehappy and welcome to Techspot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Merc14

Merc14 TS Rookie Posts: 171

What problems are you having?
  4. justobehappy

justobehappy TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i get the blue screen that sais error and do a memeory dump and I havent written any of the things down but its always the same, i have to go into safe mode and system restore but its just 3or4 times a day now. I also get this message sais virtual memory low, have anything to do with it?
    Thanks for the fast and great reply.
  5. Merc14

This could be a lot of things (gee thanks right! LOL) What you need to do is post your system specs and as much as you can remember about the problem as you can in the CPU's, Chipsets and Mobos forum

It will get a lot of attention there and I am sure we will solve whatever the problem is. Just describe the problem then list your CPU type, your motherboard type, how much RAM you have and the info on the side of your power supply. OK, how do you get all that . First download a little utility called CPUz. It is available at (says "download version 1.30") Load that and it will tell you everything you/we need to know. Then open the side of your PC case and see if you can read off the numbers on the power supply unit (PSU is what everyone calls it) SPecifically the total watts available, the watts on the 12volt and the amps on the 12 volt. Post that in the thread I referred to and you will get the help you need. I am guessing either a virus/spyware or PSU problem but I'll help out over in the other forum after you post your system specs. Good luck and I am sure we can help you out.
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

7. Merc14

OK thanks Howard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.