Im a noob... but I want to install Ubuntu...

By tk338
Jun 11, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On a laptop that has a broken hardrive. Yes im not brilliant with computers, but i am patient, and I (in my eyes) persevere and eventually get things working even if it takes a very long time to do... after all everyone has to start somewhere. My uncle who is very hard to get hold of said you could run it from a CD as an iso image, but how do I do that. Basically I have an old laptop that suddenly stopped working, and I dont understand why, only that it can no longer find ANYTHING to boot from (harddrive 'isnt present' or something like that. Now I would like to get it up and running even if it means running Ubuntu from a CD, as I dont really have the cash to fork out for a new hard drive. My 2 questions are:
    1. Can you run it from a USB stick?
    2. How do I run it from a CD if you cant from a USB?
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

3. tk338

tk338 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well ive run out of time today, but ill be nice to a lot of people tomorrow, thankyou, and for the fast response

Cant find the answers... Sorry to be a pain
  4. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Those people ARE EXPERTS! Ask them.

:)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.