TechSpot

I'm a Noob

By rgreene76
Jun 27, 2008
  1. I just joined this forum about 10 mins ago to gain more knowledge and to get help on some issues I'm having. AVG just found a virus and also when I boot up it stays on the motherboard screen and doesn't boot windows until after 4-5 restarts. Anyways here I am hoping to get answers for probs I have and to learn more about my cpu and to prevent problems in the future, So....Hello to all!

2. silvermachine

silvermachine TS Rookie

Can you get on to Bitdefender Free on line scan its very good. It has sections on how to remove viruses that are not automatically fixed and it can give you a printout of your problems at the end so you know what you are wanting help with. It could just be the virus causing the boot problem, fix the virus first if you can then you will know if you have an additional boot problem. Can you boot OK in safe mode you can do lots from there. Good luck.

3. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Hello rgreene76 and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please come see me in the security section. To get you started I will want to see a Hijackthis log. Do not attach it here, as this section is for introductions.

The security section can be found - > http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

Highjackthis Instructions
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
    • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
    • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
    • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the security section forums (link above) using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.