TechSpot

Im going Crazy

By 1000cc
Mar 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My New Mobo =865PE Neo2-P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got 5 fan output but only 1 "CPU" have variable voltage for fan speed is it safe to hook all 5 fan to that . just wondering ?

2. fishhookz

fishhookz TS Rookie Posts: 177

I wouldn't try that. That board has 3-4 fan connectors. Add 1 or 2 4-3-pin convertor to the molex power cable.

3. 1000cc

1000cc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 83

conection was not the problem i have planty of those i wanted to regulate the fan speed on 2 80mm 4000 rmp bad mother but loud . the original question was can i plug 2 fans to the CPU output wish was my only one with adjustable voltage any way i found the ultimate fan speed control. http://www.xoxide.com/vl-system-zephyrus.html

4. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

you'll burn the traces feeding the 3 pin fan header if you try more than one fan. they are only rated to like 2 amps or so. Your best bet is buy a PSU that has a fan only molex out and has a connector for the MB PS fan control header to control the fans.

Or you could wire your fans between the +5 and +12V on the molex connectors and thereby run them at 7V.

5. 1000cc

Thank you Tarkus i figure that out but i had to ask . i order the above fan controler wish i think is the best idea of them so far . my mobo have 4 fan outputs plus i have molex conector. but only the CPU pin had speed control.

6. 1000cc

Thank you Tarkus i figure that out but i had to ask . i order the above fan controler wish i think is the best idea of them so far . my mobo have 4 fan outputs plus i have molex conector. but only the CPU pin had speed control. That album cover sure brings back some memories. Dont tell any one here but i saw them in 1972 ElP.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.