Im having problems with my new graphics Card PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is.. I have an emachines T6520 and I upgraded the graphics card from a Radeon x200 ( stock biult into the motherboard ) to a Radeon X800Pro. The instuctions said before I install my new graphic card I must unintall my original graphic card software. I did this, then I put my new graphic card into the PCIe slot on the motherboard, pluged everything back in and installed the disc it came with. NOW im not sure if the computer even knows that the graphic card is there cause every time I try to play a video game it wont work it says no 3D graphic accelerator, and my internet connection is alot slower when i skroll down its not a smooth scroll anymore the scroll accures in sections much like an older computer would. I dont know what to do next ? My power supply is 300 watts and the reccomended amount is 350 and above could this be my problem ? Or is something just not installed right. Or is a driver missing ???? PLEASE HELP ME !

Ahhhhh, there's your problem. With such a small wattage for your power supplly, no wonder you having that problem. Everything fighting for power and not enough to go around. Switch to a highter wattage, 450+ and report back if the problem persists.

Also the X800 Pro has to be plugged into the PSU with a 4 pin molex connetor on the underside of the videocard. did you connect this?

You can go to display properties - advanced to do it. You must make sure that you deleted not only the old software for the other video card, but the drivers as well.

Ehack said:
My coputer claims that my 3D graphics accelerater is diabled where should i go to enable it.
Your X800pro graphics card IS your 3D graphics accelerator. It's disabled because it has inadequate power.

Everyone is trying to tell you your card is not properly connected to the power supply and that the power supply itself is inadequate. If you ignore them, you may never fix your problem.

Mailpup, let's be patient with Ehack. He is probably trying his best to understand. Can't rush these things. ;)

Ehack,
You might check device manager (right click my computer, hardware tab, device manager) and see what is listed under display adapter. That would help. Does it have a caution sign by it, or is it listing the correct name for your video card?

I decided to remove the video card and remove all the software for the new video card to start all over again and after I reinstalled it to my computer I figured out that I had to download some drivers for it directly from the ATI site. After it started working my screen started blinking but then I read it was just the frequency my moniter was set at, so now that is fixed as well. The 300 watt power supply seems to be doing just fine now. But is there still a risk of my computer overheating ? Or should it be ok ?
The graphics are amazingly better i recomend that everyone get one of these Radeon X800Pro cards as well if these should be the only problems that turn out.

I have problems with my VGA card ATI RADEON 9600

I have a PCCHIPS M909G motherboard with on-board VGA card. I have bought an ATI RADEON 9600 128M and the motherboard doesn't recognize it.
Do I have problems with my AGPro slot? Does my motherboard support 8X?
How can I do to activate my AGPro slot? How can I do to install my new VGA card???

PLEASE HELP...

If you have a device manager you can try to check and see if you can update the drive for it. It also depends how new your computer is ? If it has windows XP I know you can check the device manager ? Have you installed any software to run it ? Do u have a moniter that runs through it ? If you do and your moniter works your computer is recognizing its presence. Maybe u should download some sftware from the official web site. Write back if this is useful... If your not sure where the device manager is go to your system then device manager should be right in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back