i'm having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpwn2004

Basically my computer is not normal. I used to never have any cpu usage, it would be like 2% or less. My cpu usage now is going crazy when nothing is happening, its constantly 15% +, my page file usage is usually about 362mb. When i play any video games, my fps is constantly dropping. For example i used to play cs 1.6 with 100 fps constant, now when i play about every 2 seconds it drops to 50 fps. I thought maybe it was my memory or video card jus getting old, but i've only had my computer for like 6 months. I went through all your steps, and programs like edwido and spybot found a trojan and spybot found spywarequake :(. Im including a hijack log, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

then whats wrong, my computer is still saying i have ineffeicient resources, my cpu usage is now at like 30% even though i have nothing going, is my computer jus going bad or something?

i have an hp amd 64 bit 3300+ 512mb sdram, radeon 9600xt

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Look to see what processes you have running and what amount of cpu usage they are taking.

Maybe take a screen shot and attach it here.

Regards Howard :)

See look at this, ie taking up 33k, used to only take like 3k memory to run, and my cpu usage at 11%, its jus not running how its supposed to

Attachments

• wtm.JPG
    wtm.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 5
The only thing wrong with your system is, you have far too many things running at startup.

Use msconfig to disable stuff you don`t use or need. What is all that HP stuff that`s running? Is it really necessary?

Uninstall Ewido and reinstall, without the background guard.

Also, if you get rid of that resource hogging Symantec/Norton crapware, it`ll help.

Try using AVG free instead.

As an example, here`s what`s running on my machine. I only have 512MB of ram as well.

well something must be breaking then because my computer is jus not running right. Everything used to run really smoothly and now everything is jus laggy and very slow. About after 1 hr i turn on my computer it says i don't have enough resources to open up internet explorer, even though i have nothing running except what i sent in the screen shot. Thank you for the help though.

It might be time to back up your important data and reformat and reinstall.

If that doesn`t help, then I`d have to suspect some kind of hardware error.

i had one more question, i didn't get any xp cd's with my computer and i also installed a new video card, if i reformat will i need to buy xp cds and will i have to put my monitor video cable into my old video card slot, then install the new video card drivers?

That`s unfortunate.

Before you go spending any money, it might be a good idea to go HERE and follow the instruction for testing your ram/hdd/pagefile etc.

I know buying a Windows XP disk isn`t exactly cheap, but I do believe it`s a good investment and deffinitely makes things easier for the future.

You shouldn`t need to swap your monitor to your old video card.

I just hope that this will solve your problem and that it doesn`t turn out to be a hardware issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back