Im having trouble downloading steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmos100

I'm trying to download Steam so I can get some nice games ect ect ect.

anyway when I try to download it, it goes to my computer fine but all that happens is I get a message saying:

"the windows installer service could not be accessed this can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or windows installer is not correctly installed"

I reckon it's to do with my installer... but Im not very good with software issues... any ideas?

Personally I would not use those programs because they also bring in a fluffy of viruses disguised as games (Trojans)You didnt install the windows installer.Download and install here : Here is the mirror 1

I downloaded the 2.5MB file... not sure if thats right... cheers Godofmana

I downloaded the 2.5MB file and Im stilling getting the same message

Check your services & see if the installer is running.

ps. what's wrong with Steam ? It's Valve distribution service & I have yet to hear any kind of virus or trojans circulating on it.

Didou said:
Check your services & see if the installer is running.

ps. what's wrong with Steam ? It's Valve distribution service & I have yet to hear any kind of virus or trojans circulating on it.

Check my services?

Well i just dont trust those kinds of gaming thingys.

I think he means press CTL+ALT+DEL to see is you have the installer already running in your system as a task or process.

Ok I've sorted it - I just went to the windows site and unreg and rereg the installer... seemed to do the trick... thanks for the help guys, I wouldnt have found the fix without the links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back