I'm looking for a new 750 watt PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinders

I'm going to be overclocking an FX-60 on an ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe, and running two 8800GTs in SLI. Does any body know of a really good PSU deal out there on the web? I'm looking to spend $150.00 american or less on a power source with a brand name, 750 watts and modular cables. Modular cables are important but not so important as to kill a good deal on one without modular cables.

I managed to acquire a used PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 850 SSI power supply for a little less than $133.00 including shipping on Ebay. It should still have a warranty because they come with a five year warranty, and I think they started being made in 2005.

better check that warranty
you may need the original sales slip
I ran into a 650 psu deal that was listed with 3 years left on warranty got it for 78.00usd but when it failed to work in my machine the manufacturer needed that receipt the lister would not send me or did not have it and i could not get a refund.
the one you got does it have modular cable system
I fixed this one and I like the plug in cables

Nope no modular cables, just a top of the line PSU. I called PC Power & Cooling before I bought the power supply and asked them if I could transfer the warranty for one of their used PSUs and they told me that if I had a problem I could RMA the device as long as it wasn't older than five years. Since all of the reviews I read on the device are from 2005 or newer, I can pretty safely assume that most of the devices were made in 2005-2006, and I should get a power supply with at least three years warranty left on it.

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W is available here for $116 and is the best for its price IMO. It outputs a massive 49A on a single +12V rail which will be more than enough for your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back