Can anyone Help me with .EXE files?

• need of correct hive order for .exefiles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • need of correct values for .exefiles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time here in desparate need of help! I've been trying to get my programs that use >exe to work for the last 3 days but I haven't had any luck with all of the .exe fixes, .com_fix, inkfir_fix, fixwen.inf or changing the values manually(which is where the problem got worst) I accidentally deleted a sub-folder something in my exefile folder and have no idea what it was. It all started when I deleted Windows live Onecare cause it just caused so many problems and with so many viruses a day I got tired of it. right after that is when programs stopped working, sytem restore disapered. One other thing I don't see the Run prompt when I run on safe mode or safe mode with prompt. Right before I deleted the exefile sob-folder I had ran a malware wscan, Online scan, hijackthis and un install list. I'm attaching for your reference. My sytem is XP professinal, 2002 service pack3.
On another note, I can no longer log into the internet after what I deleted.
This is what the exefile looks like :
exefile
exefile\deletedfile\.....
exefile\DefaultIcon
exefile\shell\open\command
exefile\shell\runas\command
exefile\shellex\contextMenueHandler\CmdLineExt
exefile\shellex\DropHandlers
exefile\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\DigitalSignatures\PEAnalyzer\PifProps\ShimLayer Property Page

Please Help me out All my Work comes from that computer!!! Thanks in Advance!

Welcome to TechSpot, guanatos08. I'm afraid your poll is useless and I have bad news for you> among other serious malware, you have a Virut infection. When we see this, we recommend a reformat/reinstall right upfront.

Virut is a Polymorphic File Infector that infects .EXE and .SCR files. It opens a Backdoor by connecting to a predefined IRC Server and waits for commands from the remote attacker

And I can say anything better or different than what you can read here:
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html

So don't waste you time with polls and the like. Don't look for 'guaranteed removals'- there aren't any.

Do the reformat/reinstall and when you get a clean system running, apply the following:

Please follow these simple steps to keep your computer clean and secure:
1.Disable and Enable System Restore: This will help you to drop the old restore points and set a new, clean one:

System Restore Guide

2.Stay current on updates:
  • Visit the Microsoft Download Sitefrequently.
    You should get All updates marked Critical and the current SP updates:Windows 2000> SP4, Windows XP> SP2, SP3, Vista> SP1
  • Visit this site[Adobe Readeroften and make sure you have the most current update. Uninstall any earlier updates as they are vulnerabilities.
  • Check this site often.Java Updates Stay current as most updates are for security. Uninstall any earlier versions in Add/Remove Programs.

3.Make Internet Explorer safer. Follow the suggestions HERE
This Tutorial will help guide you through Configuring Security Settings, Managing Active X Controls and other safety features.

4.Remove Temporary Internet Files regularly: Use
5 Use an AntiVirus Software(only one)
6.Use a good, bi-directional firewall(one software firewall)
[*]See Understanding and Using Firewalls including links to download a firewall.

7Consider these programs for Extra Security
  • Spywareblaster:
  • SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX. It places kill bits to stop bad Active X controls from being installed. Remember to update it regularly.
  • IE/Spyad
  • This places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts files This replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
  • Google Toolbar Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Help and support is only given in the forums but you can send a PM to me and bring my attention
back to the thread.

Bobbye,
Thanks for the input, I been away for a bit and now I'm back to get my comp back in order. I will follow all the steps needed and will let you know if I get stuck.
Thanks again!

guanatos08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back