I'm not good with computers, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I am running Windows Vista ultimate6 64 bit. And It had updates to install...so I installed the updates and it requested a restart, so I restarted my computer.

Once it was done installing it just turned off....and whenever I clicked the power button the first time, it was unresponsive, when I finally got it to turn on (reconnected the power and let it sit for 15 minutes) I said windows didn't boot up correctly so it gave me numerous options, ie start in safe mode, ect. so I first picked Start with last known good configuration and it went until it got to the loading bar with the Vista logo and from there it won't load. I let it sit on the loading bar for atleast 15 minutes, and normally it takes like 15 seconds for it to turn on. So after that I restarted the computer once more (Manually) and ran it in safe mode, this time it started loading the .sys files but gets stuck on crsdriver.sys (I think, thats probably wrong, I can go check if it's needed) and I let it sit there for another 15 minutes, and until I realized it wasn't responded I restarted it once more and ran the last 3 options the same thing happened in all of them.

I have absolutely no idea what to do, and I'm sorry if you don't understand what I meant....I'm bad with computers.

Thanks in advance for any help, it's greatly appriciated.

dont you hate it when you post and no one replys for AGES?

anyway, this is NOT a common problem. i cant think of anyone i know with something like this.

some possible issues:

computer shut down BEFORE updates finished

power surge?lol

try starting windows normally. if it doesnt work, your OS may be corrupted.

anyway, if your like me. you keep all your CDs when you buy a computer.

it often includes a OS reinstal cd. unfortunallty it would delete all your data.

dont you hate it when you post and no one replys for AGES?

Sarcasm? 9 hours isn't exactly a long time, considering we all are volunteers and have lives around Techspot.

Altoonablows121, if you have your Vista disks then I would recommend running through the Vista Start up Repair process first.

There is a full guide on using the Vista Startup Repair located here

Let us know how you get on with this option. If you run into any troubles then don't hesitate to ask questions. If Vista says it cannot repair the issue then post back here and I will run you through the next step :)

Sarcasm? 9 hours isn't exactly a long time, considering we all are volunteers and have lives around Tech spot.

Well,not being rude or anything, but seeing how many people use techspot you'd think SOMEONE would answer within an hour. As i said, not trying to be rude.

Being registered as a member and being online are two different things.

Plus, when answering a computer problem, we generally like to compile useful instructions together and not just throw out random passing by advice.

Answering a question quickly is one thing, but actually answering it with valuable information is what counts. This can sometimes take longer to put together

Not being rude :)

ikesmasher, when we stop to read foolish posts like you are making, it takes time away from helping others.

There are many more people with computer problems than there are to help them. We are all volunteers here.

Altoona, the crsdriver.sys is for a scanner. If you have a scanner connected, disconnect it. Once you can get into the system, remove the scanner from startup.

Please keep in mind that the more information you give us, the better we can help you. Error and messages need to be exact as even one letters difference can change the meaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back