I'm old and new at this but willing to learn

By doda69
Sep 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i'm from northern ontario and willing to learn new things ..i'm now retiered amd have plenty of time
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

What do you want to learn? What interests you?
  3. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Hi doda69 and welcome to Techspot :) Also curious about what it is you wish to learn.
  4. doda69

doda69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 38

mind bogling

some of the jargin is mind bogling have no idea what they are talking about. i'm picking up more and more but slow . I want to do more than just look at some sites.
  5. brokerichard

brokerichard TS Rookie

old, but willing to learn

Hi Doad69, I just joined this forum, I am 61 years old, last year I knew how to operate a keyboard, and boolean algebra, and that's about it!...I got a couple of books , studied and took the comptia A+ test, then the comptia Network test, and now in Grad school, getting a masters in computer science!...This stuff is additctive!
    I just can't prove to anyone that I am still an educatable person who has over 10 years of productive work ahead of him, anyone out there who believes there is
    not age discrimination in use today, could just put themselves in my shoes!
    But I digress....I just got sever good books, started studying, asked anyone
    who would listen about the computer industry, and learned a lot in a year,
    and yes, acronyms are a big part of it, if you just learn them as you run across them
    soon they will start making sense to you!