I'm step ahead of suiciding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using my pc 3 days ago and I restarted my pc and while Xp loads it stoped and pc restarted ........At the specific point where Windows Xp logo is there on screen and 'loading' animations is running below..Everytime it happens at specific point

After that I formatted my C drive and then during the restart that is required for graphical setup for Xp I got a blue screen "PAGE_Fault_In non paged area "NTFS.SYS" and then I restarted,I got the same error with "win32k.sys"........

Even Vista fails to install with error...........
PAGE_Fault_In non pages
0x0000007e
(0xffffc00000005,0xfff8000a8fd34e,0xfffffa60005af638,0xfffffa60005af010)

There is no cahnce of driver outdating because Cis totally empty!!!!!

My Pc config-
Pentium D-2.80GHZ
RAM-1.5 GB
HDD-7200 RPM ;500GB
256 mb in-built Graphic Card

Need your help!!!!!!!!
Please!!!

Use Memtest86 to test your RAM... Swap or replace the RAM if Memtest86 says all is good. Suisiding is not a word. A better chioce in Titles would be "I'm a step ahead of becoming suicidal"...

You start a good post off with a good subject: one that define the problem you are having with a computer.

You have dual boot- is that correct?
But you only have 1.5GB of RAM> since Vista alone needs minimum of 2GB, I suggest you add more RAM.

A more fitting subject might be: Stop Error 0x0000007e BSOD "PAGE_Fault_In non paged area "NTFS.SYS".

Most of the time when I have seen 0x7E its either driver or RAM related; strongly 50/50 either way...
Have you noticed any Windows updates active in the background, or recently installed any new software?

Jon-Eric Pienkowski

Wait, just saw the NTFS.sys part of the post and thats not a good thing to see...
Is your windows fully up-to-date, because there is a patch for a XP SP2 flaw with this error message....
Do you have any bootable media like BartPE or UBCD?

A number of things can cause this problem but it is clearly hardware. First would be to test or swap the RAM. If that doesn't solve the problem, then test or swap the hard drive. If that doens't do it, then test or swap the power supply.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back