I'm the new guy in town

By Ray
May 2, 2004
  1. Hi

I'm new here but usually I get a lot of computer problems as I am trying to learn more about computers each day....I have my "I need this computer" and I have 3 others I work..learn I am always running into situations. I also know a bit about them.

2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Pleased to meet you, Ray.

I am Phantazmm. I have 3 computers in my living room, work for a multinational investment bank as an operate programmer, and have a Stars Wars fixation.

Needless to say I don't have a girl friend at the moment either ;)

Hehehe I am pleased to meet you. Its always nice to meet people who are into computers - just interested in them, basically. I like everything from hardware to networking to UNIX to programming in Java and Perl. You'll find many likeminded people here also.
  3. Ray

Ray TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 62

Thanks for the mail......I'm sure I'm going to be online a lot in the future. My other tech sites seem to be drifting or gone lately.

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hey well you can always get adopted here....
  5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

You can be our ray of sunshine *groan* in these dark and troublesome days of hardware ;)
  6. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Arris, I don't believe you said that. puke:

But welcome Ray....enjoy yourself here. But I see you've already found a couple of new friends. :wave:
  7. Ray

Ray TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 62

Thanks for the welcomes and the help already. I use to hate when it was a dull, dreary day but now with computers it's always "Sunny" out (4 computers can't go down at once)......or can they!!! This site reminds me of my "Bulletin Board Days" before everyone went on the Internet. See you around.
  8. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

I can't believe I said that either.
    Och well. No harm done. ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.