TechSpot

image corruptions with atlantis radeon 9700 pro

By ateam321
Oct 23, 2003
  1. im having problems with image corruptions with my atlantis radeon 9700 pro. Whenever I play a game like max payne 2. Some of the objects begin looking all messed up. I tried updating the newest drivers but still no luck. anyone have any ideas
    i have a via p4x400 motherboard
    1152 of ddr ram
    pentium 4 2.40ghz
    direct x9.0b
    windows xp pro

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Did you try using the latest drivers from ATI? (Catalyst drivers).

The drivers you may have downloaded from Atlantis may not be quite as good, as far as compatibility goes.

3. ateam321

ateam321 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

the ati drivers did not fix the problem, anymore ideas

4. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 281

screen capture it :]

5. ateam321

these are some of the problems i experience, they start getting much worser the more i play the game

Attached Files:

6. ateam321

heres another

Attached Files:

7. ateam321

another

Attached Files:

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

I was having image corruption with my ATI card - what I did to get around it was turn off Fast Writes in the Display options. Why not give that a quick try.

9. ateam321

another

Attached Files:

10. ateam321

my fast write is always off, i cant turn it on for some reason

11. ateam321

any more ideas?

12. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

Turn off write-combining? That fixed the X2 benchmark on my machine at first.

13. ateam321

i tried it, it did not help, any other ideas?

14. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

AGP speed can be a large factor in gaming especially with Direct3D, or OpenGL. Try lowering your AGP speed to the lowest setting and see what happens. If that doesnt change anything lower it to about 4X and then lower your card settings such as mipmap, texure quality etc to the lowest settings and see what happens. If there is no change then raise it to the highest settings and see what happens.

That may sound pointless, but it is worth a try.

When I was using the ECS K7S5A motherboard I had to lower my AGP settings to about 2X or 4X or I would get really bad corruption in games, mainly Direct3D.

In Halo, I had to raise the texture quality to the max or I would experience a lot of image corruption. The rest of the settings didn't seem to matter.

15. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Could it be a heat issue?

16. ateam321

not sure exactly why it starts getting worser the more i play it. This pic was taken about 30 - 40 minutes of gameplay

Attached Files:

17. ateam321

i tried many different direct 3d settings, but no luck, the problem continues, any other ideas

18. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 281

driver revision? i've got an Atlantis (Sapphire) card, i had this problem slightly in Raven Sheild.. but It's gone away since I changed to Cat 3.8.

It's certainly not your card, it's a setting im sure of it *now, to remember which...hmmmmm*

19. ateam321

ive just tried the newest drivers by omega, the problem continues, whats the difference between the cat. 3.8 and the newest omega driver?

20. sellmesanity

sellmesanity TS Rookie Posts: 162

Cards don't do that normally. If different drivers don't work, you have a dud card. I assume it is still under warranty so contact the company for an RMA.

21. tiaomacaleh

tiaomacaleh TS Rookie

Thats funny. My card always had that weird 1x1 pixel white dots. I searched a lot i tought about RMA it but never did.

Now my card is totally fryed after 2 years.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.