Images of colorful iPhone 5Cs in plastic packaging surface

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Alleged images of Apple’s upcoming budget-minded iPhone 5C recently hit the web. The leaked photos specifically show the plastic packaging that Apple will use for a rainbow of colored handsets including pink, white, yellow, green and blue.

The words iPhone 5C are clearly shown in the leaked photos which appear to have been taken at a warehouse or manufacturing line. Accompanying photos reveal what appears to be a Quick Start guide as well as a SIM card tray ejection tool. This looks to be the same type of tool that is supplied with current iPhones in some countries.

iphone apple leaked pictures iphone 5c

The iPhone 5C (the “C” believed to stand for Color) is the low-cost smartphone that analysts have been speculating on for years. Rumors suggest it carries a plastic shell, lower-spec hardware and more importantly, a lower price tag.

Some believe the iPhone 5C could retail for between $349 and $399 without a carrier subsidy. For reference, the iPhone 5 currently starts at $649 unlocked and contract free for a 16GB model. No word yet on what sort of hardware the cheaper handset will carry, however.

iphone apple leaked pictures iphone 5c

Apple is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 5S as well as the cheaper iPhone 5C during a special event on September 10. That date hasn’t been made official yet but all signs at this point suggest that is the date to circle on your calendar. Many believe the handsets will launch a little more than a week later on September 20.

Permalink to story.

So Samsung's commercials for the S4 showing high school grads with the S4 and their 'old' parents with iPhones must have really hit home for Apple. The candy-colored plastic phones should help Apple become attractive again to the younger generation. Maybe we'll be able to buy a Hello Kitty case to go with it. :)

Where is the innovation and leadership we have come to expect from Apple? Is this the best they got without Jobs? Pretty sad.

Where is the innovation and leadership we have come to expect from Apple? Is this the best they got without Jobs? Pretty sad.
Honestly smartphones are pretty much maxed out with what you can do right now apart from gimmicky technology thats not even close to perfected.

Id love to see them prove me wrong, especially since they pay people to come up with ideas.

I honestly think the cheaper iPhone have cheaper version of their inhouse chips and cheaper plastic cases means they can make more money on them and with Microsoft purchasing Nokia mobile it's not s bad move I mean you get what you payfor with apple ........ With a little help lol

I honestly think the cheaper iPhone have cheaper version of their inhouse chips and cheaper plastic cases means they can make more money on them and with Microsoft purchasing Nokia mobile it's not s bad move I mean you get what you payfor with apple ........ With a little help lol

The iPad Mini has lower margins than iPad or any other current Apple product. Most likely a budget version of the iPhone would also carry lower margins.

I can understand why they would create budget phones for developing markets, but it doesn't make as much sense for a market like the U.S. seeing as how older models of the iPhone can be obtained for free (with contract), this might work for prepaid markets as a sub-$400 price tag is much more accessible than a $649 price tag, however the prepaid market is still a minority. I'll have to wait and see until more information comes out.

Oh Shawn, thanks a heap.

The lovely pictures you posted of the new iPhone had a startling effect on me. It was the same as if you held up a cross in front of a vampire......(wait for it).......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!

Before I forget....:p

Back