Impossible! I need some serious help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys it's me again with my annoying and those that seem to be impossible-to-fix-problems.

Well 3 months ago i bought an AMD 5600+ Dual Core and i had lots of problems since then, believing it was defective, i wrote to AMD support and requested an RMA. My replacement arrived today. It fixed LOTS of random crashes and my computer was able to boot up properly with both rams placed on in dual channel. I went to play on Soulstorm, it crashed, sometimes half way through a game or sometimes about 5 minutes into the game. I went on another game which is Company of Heroes, it crashed too.

The only reason i tested these 2 games was because they crashed most of the times when i had the defective processor.I thought it was the RAM but i thought it wouldn't make any sense because while waiting for my replacement to arrive, i put in my old AMD Athlon 3500+ and it worked fine with EVERY SINGLE games so it couldn't be the RAM and it can't be the replacement either. Not knowing what else to do, i took one stick of ram out, and guess what? It worked like a charm ! I really have no idea what's going on inside but if anyone had been through this or anyone who knows how to fix please help and....ermm if it works you'll be able to rest assured that a person on earth is grateful and just wants to kill you with hugs XD :p

BTW this is my spec:
Abit AN52
OCZ PC26400 platinum edition
Radeon Sapphire 1950x Pro
AMD 5600+ Dual Core
Arctic Cooler 64 Pro
Latest Drivers,Bios recognised the CPU, and nothing is overclocked

I'M AT WITS END !!!

Have you switched the ram modules around to see if it is stable with either one installed?

You've put in a better and probably more power hungry processor. What power supply do you have?

@CCT: Yes i have i took one of them out and i worked, should i put both of them in and use them on single channel instead of dual?
@seanc: My power supply is 650W, you think this is ok?
Also when the game crash i would hear a repeating buzzing-like noise and sometimes i would get a black screen and some other times a more colourful blue screen of death :D
Anyway thank you for the replies i'm still looking for a solution :p

put the ram module u took out, in and the other out to see if one module is bad. if both work try them in the other slots to make sure the slots are not bad.

@nickc: While i was waiting for my replacement to arrive i put in my AMD athlon 3500+ with both ram inserted on dual channel and it worked fine, i also tried the other one as well, and nothing was wrong with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back