In DIRE need of help with W3J crashing while gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdreeN

One week old W3J laptop with a X1600. Keeps crashing when I try to game with it, especially Far Cry. I've turned down all the settings and it's STILL crashing. Crashed playing WoW, FEAR, and CS Source. I've tried formatting 3 times already and reinstalling all the stock drivers...same deal. I've tried to get a refund/exchange, but after the store's tech team ran some tests, they concluded it was a software issue and wouldn't do anything for me. They believe this because they swapped out my hard drive and put it into a brand new W3J, and the error still occured. I've also swapped in my friend's hard drive, still crashes. They also said that the video card can only support multisampling x 1 (in WoW) none higher or it crashes. Far Cry doesn't even have a multisampling option...I've turned down everything. They also ran 3DMark06 for 12 hours straight with no problems with a good score which confuses me even more. Can anyone help me!?

ALSO my friend got a W3J at the exact same time, we picked it up together. His crashes too playing CS Source.

This is the info I got after it crashed playing Far Cry, I have no idea what I'm looking at so forgive me if I'm providing poor info:
Error signature
BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 8525C400 BCP2 : 866404A0 BCP3 : F7A1BCBC
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\Adrian\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5a7a.dir00\Mini061606-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Adrian\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5a7a.dir00\sysdata.xml

can't anyone help me?...something is really wrong with it...it crashed 5 times consecutively yesterday, twice on excel, once on warcraft 3, and twice on startup...

what is a W3J ?

Your minidump points to a corrupted graphics driver.

ATI drivers are known to be buggy. If you have upgraded your driver, revert to the last known working driver. If you haven't use the latest version.

Also give time for people to reply. All replies here are strictly voluntary.

ummmmmmm Asus W3J, it's a laptop.
upgrade of a W3V.
can anyone else confirm this?
i really need concrete proof that it's the VGA driver, cuz i'm trying to get a refund/exchange and time is running out!

here's a full list of Minidumps on my comp on top of the ones i already posted...hope it helps.

Now my friend's W3J doesn't crash anymore at all. Was only a one time thing. No one can offer some info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back